Monday, April 2, 2012

Movie Review: Lord, Save Us From Your Followers


In the present day I have seen a multitude of problems in how the media portrays the typical Christian. I myself have experience many of these problems and as a Christian I am almost ashamed to admit that I have sing judged others and treated others not as they deserve. At the same time, however, I have received a significant amount of negative and demaning treatment from Christians and non-Christians alike. In this movie it looks into starting a conversation on the subject of religion and treatment of others.

After volunteering for from Friday morning to Sunday night for a Japanese Animation Convention in Minnesota I have come to the realization of a number of things that have stemmed from the comments made in this movie and in other things I have read and experienced. If I can go to a Christian University feeling that I can never act like myself, with the fear that if I go against the socially acceptable norms that are present at that school and much of the world, what other places project such judgment?

The people at the convention, while not all were like this, were the least judgmental people I have ever met and more accepting and empathetic than I would I have been taught to expect Christians to be through experience. I will agree that many people see the negativity displayed through the actions of the churches that are present in America. I am always wondering how people can treat each other so negatively, and how people can state they believe one thing and contradict it in their actions. Always remember that actions speak louder than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment