Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hunger Games Book Review

The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
Witht he upcoming release of the movie the Hunger Games releasing on March 23rd and based on the book by Suzanne Collins I've decided to do a book review. I have yet to finish the second two in the series due to school and work which have begun to take up my time.

Character development: 5/5
Character development in this book is excellent, you are truly able to see the characters progress through the novel. There are a few flaws within the book itself, like any other book, but the depth of character is a star feature to it.

Plot Originality: 3/5
The plot is well made but is not the newest plot on the market. I am highly cynical about new and improved plots coming out that aren't seemingly repeating previous plots. This type of plot, however, is one of my favorites.  A corrupt government in control of its citizens. Other books like this include Brave New World and 1984.

Writing Style: 5/5
The writing is excellent with no blinding repetitions that are seen in many of the other young adult novels these days. For instance in the Twilight Saga the author frequent repeats specific phrases and characters are wearing the same tacky clothing. In the Hunger Games however these repetitions in taste seem reasonable due to the economic status that they live in.

Overall Enjoyment: 5/5
Since I have a difficult time reading most of the time I was surprised when I couldn't put this book down. There have been other books like this but it is a rare find. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment